Loading some great jobs for you...
The Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center a long term care and short term rehabilitation facility located in the Bronx is currently seeking a full time experienced Plant Operation Supervisor to join our professional team.
Coordinates and Supervises the daily performance of staff personnel. Coordinates preventive maintenance and repair of all the machinery and equipment within the facility. Assists in the matters of performance reviews and discipline. The supervisor shall assist in maintaining an effective organization, administering monetary controls, budget development, planning, training of personnel in their general and specific duties, safety and effective management. Reports to the Associate Director of Engineering.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides direction of assigned personnel.
2. Oversees the requisitioned, corrective, emergency and preventive maintenance of buildings, and equipment associated with the Home.
3. Reports to the Associate Director as to the general condition of the facility and the general progress of work being accomplished.
4. Reviews maintenance requests and schedules work tasks for staff checking to see that they are properly executed within a reasonable length of time. This includes requisitioned, corrective, and emergency maintenance.
5. Ensures that work sites are left clean and safe.
6. Makes periodic inspections, nothing general condition and keeps the Associate Director informed as to the needs and /or changes required to keeps the Home in a safe, well maintained condition.
7. Orders selected stock items such as plumbing supplies, wood electrical and equipment parts so as to maintain maximum efficiency levels at all times according to established procedures.
8. Assists in the training of personnel in the operation and repair of equipment.
9. Assists in maintaining records to ensure compliance with state, federal, and Joint Commission regulations.
10. Interprets Home policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
11. Initiates or suggests plans to motivates workers to achieve work goals.
12. Conducts quarterly shop inspections to ascertain that the shops are maintained in a safe and clean condition.
13. Attends all necessary in-service training sessions.
14. Performs other related duties as required.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Ability to read, write, and speak effectively to staff and other departments. Ability to do basic mathematical equations. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction books, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports. Ability to follow directions and apply common sense to problem solving when dealing with machinery, equipment, and staff.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The following pertinent N.Y.C. Fire Dept. Certificates of Fitness are required:
1. Interior Fire Alarm
4. Low PSI Oil Burner
5. Air Compressor
The employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; reach with arms and hands; climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising resident care.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and 401K Annuity
Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Personal days
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...